- Stop taking so much notice of how you feel. How you feel is how you feel. It’ll pass soon. What you’re thinking is what you’re thinking. It’ll go too. Since you can’t stop yourself from thinking, or prevent emotions from arising in your mind, it makes no sense to worry about either.
- Let go of worrying. It often makes things worse. The more you think about something bad, the more likely it is to happen. And if it doesn't then you worried yourself sick for nothing!
- Ease up on the internal life commentary. If you want to be happy, stop thinking that you know what people think about you. Most of it’s imagination. You have only the most limited understanding of what others feel about you. Usually they’re no better informed on the subject; and they care about it far less than you do.
- Take no notice of your inner critic. Judging yourself is pointless. Judging others is half-witted. Whatever you achieve, someone else will always do better. Judging others is foolish since you don't know all the facts. Who cares about your opinion anyway?
- Give up on feeling guilty. Guilt changes nothing. If you feel guilty about something you’ve done, either do something to make it right or accept that you freakin screwed up and try not to do so again. Then let it go. If you’re feeling guilty about what someone else did, see a psychiatrist. That’s fucking insane.
- Stop being concerned what the rest of the world says about you. . Events or people are simply events or people. They can’t make you anything. YOU have to do that for yourself. Whatever emotions arise in you as a result of external events, they’re powerless until you pick them up and decide to act on them.
- Don’t be concerned that your life and career aren’t working out the way you planned. Try to stick to a plan. But don't base your life around one specific plan. The world is constantly changing, and after a month or two, they’ll be very different. After a year, virtually nothing will be the same as it was when you started. Once you plan, keep it in the back of your mind, BUT keep your eyes on reality.
- Don’t let others use you to avoid being responsible for their own decisions. To hold yourself responsible for someone else’s success and happiness demeans them and proves you’ve lost the plot. It’s their life. THEY have to live it. You can’t do it for them OR can you stop them from messing it up if they’re determined to do so.
- Don’t worry about about your personality. You don’t really have one. Personality, like ego, is a concept invented by your mind. It doesn’t exist in the real world. Personality is a word for the general impression that you give through your words and actions. If your personality isn’t likeable today, don’t worry. You can always change it, so long as you allow yourself to do so. If you don’t like the way you are, make yourself different. You’re the only person who’s standing in your way.
Monday, April 30, 2012
9 Simple Ways to NOT mess up your life
So now you are here......At the bottom of my posts.
ENJOY YOUR DAY!